Gain knowledge, skills, models and methods based on The Project Management Institute’s (PMI®) A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK®) Version 6 and the new Version 7 published in 2021.
The global standard of project management supports project professionals to plan and execute quality projects on schedule, on budget and consistent with the objectives of the sponsoring organization. Applying sound project management principles helps organizations across a broad range of industries and professions deliver value through successful planning and delivery.
The Project Management Certificate is designed to meet the professional development needs of experienced Project Managers facing new challenges and novice Managers who are new to project management.
Each course is worth 14 hours that qualify with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for contact training hours, or Professional Development Units (PDU’s).
Students who complete the Project Management Certificate gain in demand skills and become University of Regina Alumni.
"Employers rank Project Management in the top 3 in demand skills in the province" – Insightrix®, 2021.
Who is it for?
- experienced Project Managers
- Managers new to project management
- anyone looking to grow their career with project management skills and expertise
- students from faculties such as business and engineering who want to enhance their resumé and gain a competitive advantage
- Comprised of: 7 courses
- Duration: 14hrs per course X 7 = 98hrs total
- Delivery: Face-to-face and remote offerings
- Achievement: Project Management Certificate
- Assessment: Course completion based on pass/fail assigned by instructor. Based on 80% attendance of each day synchronous learning; completing assignments and group work; and active participation.You must commit to a total of 14 hours of learning including: pre-work, after class work with your group, and on your own.
- Completion timeline: Within three years from the term in which you begin the program.
Course hours can be used towards the Canadian Construction Association Gold Seal Certification application for credits, subject to credit approval upon review.
NOTE: Every 6 hours of learning equals 1 Gold Seal credit.