Do your writing, public speaking or facilitation skills need a boost?
Employers consistently share that employees at all career stages need training to communicate more effectively and consider communications key to advancement and success.
With the Business Communications Professional Microcredential, develop your written communications including emails and documents, as well as your confidence and storytelling abilities. Adopt strategies for communicating clearly and concisely and learn how to tailor content to specific audiences. With the skills gained, you will be ready to engage and persuade your audience, as well as competently address sensitive topics.
You can take one, two or all three courses because they are standalone. If you complete all three within two years, you will be awarded the Business Communications Professional Microcredential. The courses can be taken in any order and there are no pre-requisites.
Who is it for? Anyone looking to:
- upskill, reskill or build skills
- gain recognition for a specific skill or skillset
- obtain industry-recognizable credentials
- boost their resumé
- Number of hours: 14 hours per course x 3 = 42 hours total
- Assessment: Participation; 80% attendance of each day
- Previous education required: None
- Delivery: Remote
- Achievement: Business Communications Professional Microcredential
- Assessment: Course completion based on pass/fail assigned by instructor. Based on 80% attendance of each day synchronous learning; completing assignments and group work; and active participation. You must commit to a total of 14 hours of learning including: pre-work, after class work with your group and on your own.
- Completion timeline: Within two years from the term in which you begin the program.