Coaching and Mentoring Employees
Learn how coaching employees, as part of an overall leadership strategy, encourages a supportive and collaborative approach towards high performance, which is more effective than directing or controlling.
Understand the difference between coaching and mentoring, learn a model and principles for effective coaching, and practice putting theory into action through applied activities that account for differences in employees' personality types, work styles, generational differences, cultural diversity and work situations.
- Be able to define coaching vs. mentoring and explain best practices
- Apply a coaching model that maintains a culture of trust
- Develop and apply tools and techniques for awareness of self and others
- Recognize employees’ strengths and provide useful feedback
- Apply steps to help employees identify challenges and find solutions
- Give and receive feedback effectively
- Design coaching and mentoring practices for individual employees
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Professional Leadership Certificate : Professional Leadership Certificate (5 Required + 2 Electives)