Why Choose Strings?
- Improves fine and gross motor skills
- Improves posture coordination and dexterity
- Increases aural skills - ability to listen, detect and replicate pitch
- Begin lessons as early as 4 years old
- It is never too late to learn how to play
- String instruments come in different sizes depending on the age and height of the student. Music stores and instructors can help pick the right size for the student.
- The Conservatory offers string ensembles such as youth strings and orchestral programs to advance their skills. String instructors can advise when it’s the right time for the students to join ensembles.
- Beginner and youth students can start on violin or cello before exploring other instruments like viola or double bass.
Choosing your Instructor
We know the relationship between a student and instructor is one of the most important things to be successful learning music. Select any instructor below to learn more about them and their studio. Find the instructor who fits what your looking for based on student age, skill level, genre or goals.
From there, you can take the next step and view an instructor's availability and pick the time slot that works for you.
If you are unsure where to start, our team at Student & Instructor Services can help you find your perfect match and answer any questions you may have.